Types of Articles We Accept
Submissions should be relevant and geared to pastoral spouses or families, reflecting their interests, challenges, blessings, etc.
We especially look for articles in these categories:
Articles or stories may focus on a variety of topics, including:
- Life in the pastoral home
- Frequent moves
- Ways to make personal devotions meaningful
- Raising children in the parsonage
- Dealing with criticism of church members
- Coping with expectations of members, spouse, conference, etc.
- Devotionals on biblical themes
- Creative ways you do outreach among unbelievers
- Miracles the Lord has worked in your life or the life of a pastoral family
- How you approach your ministry as a pastor's spouse
- Other relevant topics for ministry families
We do not accept articles or stories that reflect personal agendas, delve into minute theological debates, or address local cultural lifestyle issues.
Because this is an international publication, please write with as much relevance to multiple cultures as you can. Submissions are accepted in any major language; we translate them.
Submissions should be no longer than 6,000 typed characters, including spaces. Up to four single-spaced handwritten pages may also be accepted.
Style and Submission
Articles can be submitted to [email protected] Please include your telephone number. Writers from the USA must also include their social security number (required for payment).
Writers must include a brief bio (three or four sentences is plenty), and a clear photo (head shot or body length shot) of yourself. Photos sent in the mail cannot be returned.
Upon acceptance of the submission, writers will receive an honorarium. Payments are sent via a Division treasury transfer to the writer's local conference; writers receive payment in local currency.